Re: OpenGL texturing

Chris:
> How big are the textures you are using for this? Is there a pattern to the
> changes? If so, could you precalculate a set of textures in main memory and
> use glTexSubImage2D to update the texture in video memory?

The textures are about 50x50, but i have thousands, and i'd have to store
precalculated textures for about 16 different patterns: it may need some
megs...

I've really no idea on the average size of a texture buffer, but i suppose
that it may fit....

Are there run-time color transformations available for OpenGL (except
lightning or reflection...)

Is there a way i could set an alpha value on my texture and then apply a
particular lightning/reflection effect, so that it is applyied only to that
patches with a convenient alpha?

Francesco Orsenigo