Re: New game project: Civ clone

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 11:36:17PM +0200, Turid Larsen Engheim wrote:
> It is a civ clone, but not the same kind as FreeCiv. It has lots of
> changes and will be very differnt from the original Civilization.

I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.. (it's bedtime for me right now)

> I'm sending this mail because I don't know where else to turn. The LGDC
> website doesn't have any kind of registration form for new projects. Not
> any that I have found that is.

You're right, we're still working on that. I wanted to wait for our database
to be up and running though, because I've edited too many static pages in my
lifetime already and therefore refuse to do anything but dynamic sites. ;-)

> If you are intrested, please send me a mail and tell me what info you want
> from me to put my project and website on your LGDC site.

A few of our requirements are (or rather will be?) :

- open-source model (so other developers can learn from your code)
- willingness to accept contributions / additional developers
- a serious chance your project will make progress and be completed

Nothing is 100% sure yet, as we are still working out things. If you'd like
to, you can subscribe to the LGDC mailinglist. I forgot the right procedure
at the moment but I'm sure it's on the site somewhere.

I'll keep your mail in my mailbox and as soon as I've visited your page and
know more I'll contact you.

Regards, Rob

PS: Paul, can you add a link to this project on the site?
http://home.binary.nu/erik/
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx