Re: [OT]Re: [Forward - t-l-engh@online.no: New game project: Civ clone]

At 02:52 PM 8/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>would work. If I were Sunsite I'd let us include something like
>/etc/php/lgdc.cfg, that'd be ve convenient for them to maintain and for us
>to use (since it works unlike whatever the situation is now ;-)

        Well,

        to be fair, it is working from the security point-of-view, but
there are
errors within this 'connection' script such that it fails to connect to the
database, as follows:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in connect-linuxgam.php3 on line 18

Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in connect-linuxgam.php3 on line 39

        Since I can't access connect-linuxgam.php3, I can't figure out myself
what is going on. And, my email to the two who have been working on this have
gone unanswered for three days. (Another vacation?)

        I have sent off another request. Maybe the first one hit a big
"information superhighway pothole". :)

Paul Tiseo
LGDC's webmaster
http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames