Re: Installation

> >Keeping copies in RPM as well as live on the CD could take up too much
> >space.  One interesting possibility is to write an install that uses
> >the rpm library so that it can install the live data as an rpm.  (I'm
> >assuming the rpm library will allow you to do that.)
>
> Does anyone know more about this?

I looked over the api for librpm.  Unfortunately it's not as flexible
as I'd expected.  It will allow you to construct an rpm into a file
descriptor or install/read from one.  You could possibly setup a pipe
to construct the rpm into while simultaneously installing out from.
Otherwise you would have to hack the library.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com