tutorial request

I'd like to see a few more tutorials about X11 programming, particularly
the more advanced things. A short list of what I would like to see:

 - how to use the MIT-SHM extension in details: how to get the shared
memory, how to clean up afterward (God, I wish this was based on mmap!),
how to use the completion event (note how there is a function that isn't
declared in the header file to get the event base for MIT-SHM, and also,
do you get the event just for XShmPutImage or also for XCopyArea from a
shared pixmap? If not, how do you know when it is safe to use the shared
pixmap again?) and so on.

 - how you can use a combination of XFree86-VidModeExtension and
XFree86-DGA to get the list of video modes available, switch to one of
them (just like the user did a Ctrl-Alt-+) and go full-screen.

 - Is there any reason to use an hiearchy of Window? (more like a
not-so-frequently-asked FAQ than a tutorial)

 - How to do a "tooltip" properly (is not clipped to the window)?

Maybe a big "What you never wanted to know about X11" document would be
cool...

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/