Re: libmikmod woes..

Mark Collins <mcollins@night.openworld.co.uk> writes:

> On 23 Aug 1999, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

>> SDL is a good lib when it comes to low level 2D C stuff, but its not
>> perfect and when it comes to C++ there are IMHO better choices.

> Personally, I prefer to do most of the lower level stuff myself, that way
> I know why it doesn't work, and I know it's optimised as best as it can
> be.

I think that what SDL is meant for ;-) For people wanting to do the
low level stuff themselfs.

> And when it comes to 3D, most of the stuff handled by renderers needs to
> be re-done anyway for collision detection (I havn't seen any libraries
> that handle it), so I do that stuff myself.

Without OpenGL or do you mean without a high level 3D API like
CrystalSpace and instead plain OpenGL?

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |