Re: libmikmod woes..

On 23 Aug 1999, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> Mark Collins <mcollins@night.openworld.co.uk> writes:
>
> > On 23 Aug 1999, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
>
> >> SDL is a good lib when it comes to low level 2D C stuff, but its not
> >> perfect and when it comes to C++ there are IMHO better choices.
>
> > Personally, I prefer to do most of the lower level stuff myself, that way
> > I know why it doesn't work, and I know it's optimised as best as it can
> > be.
>
> I think that what SDL is meant for ;-) For people wanting to do the
> low level stuff themselfs.
>
> > And when it comes to 3D, most of the stuff handled by renderers needs to
> > be re-done anyway for collision detection (I havn't seen any libraries
> > that handle it), so I do that stuff myself.
>
> Without OpenGL or do you mean without a high level 3D API like
> CrystalSpace and instead plain OpenGL?

I mean, do my own transformations, texture mapping and rendering, own
depth sorting, HSV etc etc

Maybe when there is more support for HW acceleration under Linux I'll use
it, but until then, current APIs just don't cut the mustard.

> --
>                                   http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
> Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |

Mark Collins (mcollins@openworld.co.uk)
	A fetus telnets to the server from inside the womb