Re: SDL vs GGI

Pedro Medeiros wrote:

> >Hey, I got over 300 fps in Quadra with Xlib, just through clever
> >programming. No shared memory.
>
> What is your video card?

Matrox Millenium G200 SD 8 MB. But the trick isn't there. The trick was
simply to optimize the XPutImages, by sending only what had changed
(possibly nothing at all). :-)

You might consider that cheating. But the game was actually doing the
work just like if each frame was a real one, so it's just as good.

> >But I'd like to see a first person shooter do that (my clever trick
> >wouldn't work for that kind of game).
>
> Well, I don't know about 3D games, but when I was in
> Clanlib mailing list, I saw people doing experiments that
> made Pingus and Clanbomber run over 500 fps with
> matroxfb.

Maybe they had the same trick as I did. Clanbomber could probably use
that trick very easily.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/