Re: OpenGL resolutions

Ahhhhaaaaaa. Right OK. That kind of makes sense - it's trying to get
it so the X screen res == the video screen res == the window size, so
the window fills the screen.. Yeah. OK. That's sane. That I can
picture.

So what I probably want to be doing is to ask GLX what the render can
do and how much ram it's got, ask X11 what modes it can do, mix and
mash that lot up and pick something appropriate for the window size.

And if the renderer is software, then I can just open either a 320x200
and let the user resize it or let the user spec it on the CLI or open
whatever they left it at last time they played..

> In you XF85Config file, as well as the "Screen" section (with the "Display"
> subsections, where you select the resolutions you want to run at), there's
> also a "Monitor" sections. This usually contrains shitloadsa Modelines,
> which the Screen section pretty much ignores.
>
> I think you'll find that the ModeLines section of you XF86Config file is
> quite heavily populated (usually done automatically by whatever app you used
> to configure X). If you did it by hand, however, you be screwed (and not in
> the good way).

So it'll work fine on anyone who's bothered to set up their systems
properly.. :-) <grin>

Maybe I should stop being quite so lazy...