Re: OpenGL resolutions

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:45:05PM +0100, Katie Lucas wrote:

> I am. I would be "not running X" if I thought for a single moment Glut
> would work on the console... because that would free up some memory,
> but writing a GLUT replacement for console a) seems boring and b) is/was
> being done by a (not very highly motivated) friend of mine. [Hi Crisp!]

Hi!  Fxglut has been done.  It works, it's stable.  Not having a server
process if the application gets stuck it can lock up the console.  But
then I've had some DRI lockups while working on freeglut that have
required a reboot.

And by the way the X resolution has no effect on the Voodoo 2.  All
that stuff about Modelines and XF86VidMode extensions does not apply
the Voodoo 1 or 2.  The thing about those old 3dfx cards is they do
not support doublescan.  So modes below 512x384 don't work.

> I am trying to put all the system stuff in one place so I've got a
> couple of routines to rewrite for MacOS...

> Of course, by the time this is /finished/ everyone will be using Linux
> anyway... :-)

If Microsoft keep coming out with bright ideas like their activation
codes none of us will be using Windows, that's for sure.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child