Re: Linux game programming wiki

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:58:28PM +1000, Richard james wrote:
> Is there a linux game programming wiki anywhere?
>
> I guess not. So should we create one? It would greatly help game
> programmers
> on linux.
>
> Richard :)

I've not seen one... but a wiki is just a publishing method, if there's no
one producing content, it just sits idle. I started up a general linux wiki
for a users club assuming it'd just "go like magic", so I seeded it and waited
... and waited... and am still waiting (http://smluc.org/wiki)...

I don't think anyone has offered any content for the lgdc page in quite a
while, so I'm not sure if a wiki would get used... is it much different than
sending an email?

(that being said, wiki's are quick and easy to set up, so it might be worth
a shot... *shrug* who knows :)

(looks like there's been more traffic in the last couple hours than
there has for the last yr or so... wow)

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.