RE: Linux and the Independent Game Festival

>>we actually didn't primarily plan to organize loans from some
company, but instead from private Linux users living near the judges. I.e.
the judges get the machines from someone living nearby, preconfigured, the
games already installed and with a little intro on how to
start/play the games/shutdown the thingy. More or less a private contacht
person for each of the judges (local Linux user groups are usually very
good at such stuff).<<

That's a very generous offer!  Thanks Christian.  What I'm most worried
about the additional time this project is going to take to organize and
manage, plus the risks (from the standpoint of a lot of variables in the
process -- coordinating a dozen or more machines from as many sources to as
many destinations and back again).  The schedule we created for the event
this year leaves practically no leeway for slips in the schedule, and the
more we try to add to the festival, the more opportunity there is for us (or
a juror) to miss a due date.  I think we should just hold off this year and
wait until we can do this in a really organized, thoughtful way.  But again,
thanks.

Alex