Re: what about TSR and GPL

> 	That's why I offered to help with the rules of anyone wanting to
> create a non-clone RPG system. Besides all of the most famouse games were
> in some way quite unique and there for attracted a following.

But there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

Gurps is almost like the GPL of roleplaying.  It's a cheap and easy system
to use.  I'd be willing to bet that you could use their roleplaying system
to do what you want.  What I'm talking about here is dice/hits/etc.

If anyone has ever played the early versions of Twilight 2000 you'll know
what I mean by complicated dice rolling.  You don't want something that
complicated and I think the gurps system might be what you want.

I've also been involved with roleplaying type stuffs for a long long time
both on computer and off and I'm willing to help you flush out the
rules/dice rolls if you want.  kinda nostalgic actually. :-)

> 	I will be more than happy to help in the development of a game and
> I am quite good at rules. But trying to emulate a commercial game is
> probably a bad idea. Wizards of the Coast has sued almost every one of the
> other tradeable card games and has won serveral times as the have a
> pattent on several key concepts like tapping mana. :)

I'd like to say that I have a proto type deck of card right here on my
desk.   'uno the gathering' complete with Red Hat backs and developer key
'wild cards'.

magic the gathering.... bah.

-mike