Re: OpenGL's complainyness

Keith Lucas wrote:

> Is there any way to get better diagnostics out?

I guess you are already using 'glGetError' *before* you call
the glBegin that seems to be the first problem?

Note that:

1) It's illegal to call glGetError between glBegin and glEnd (!),
   so if you have a missing glEnd, it can be hard to find the
   actual error.
2) You may need to call glGetError multiple times to get ALL
   the errors.

Mesa can be compiled with some kind of a debug mode that
gives you LOTS more information about problems - and I think
it can even trace all OpenGL calls by printing them to
stdout or something.

I forget the details of how you do that - but this may
be of some help to you.

If all else fails, you can email me the code that's called
before the failure and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

--
Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)