Re: 32b long int???????

Steve Baker wrote:

> Felix Kollmann wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need a 64b number but int and long are just 32b.
> > But long should be 64b.

Hmm - now that I come to think about it - there used to
be a UNIX library called 'libmint' - that used multiple
integers (hence mint) in an array to do high-precision
math.

That doesn't seem to exist in Linux - which is suprising
because (IIRC) libmint was used in 'bc' and 'dc' - which
both do arbitary precision math using those techniques.

So, I suggest you take a look at the 'bc' source code.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker