RE: 32b long int???????

On 13-Dec-1999 Felix Kollmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a 64b number but int and long are just 32b.
> But long should be 64b.

long should be 32b on intel x86 architecture.

> How can I get a 64b long?

if you want to break ansi complient, try long long (GNU extension, 64b int)

try a float or a double, a double should retain more precision and range than a
64b binary plain, and float is probably "close enough"

use an arbitrary length math library? I know they exist for c/c++, and I know
javas bigint class is pretty cool :)

> Perhaps:      long test[2] ?

you'd have to write up special routines to do any kind of calculations on a
number like that.

> bye
>
> Felix Kollmann, DG5PT
>
> Future Interactive
>
> email: fkollmann@gmx.net
> http://www.futureint.com
>
> ----
> Don't fear the future, because fear is the path to the dark side.
> Fear is to angry. Angry is to hate and hate is to suffering.
> -- Yoda

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.