Re: GFX under Linux

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> > Do Loki static-link all of their SDL-based binaries?
>
> Yes, I believe they do. It hardly matters when your game takes up 100s of
> MB of data file space, with 10MB extra in static.

Yes - but that's not really an option for an amateur game developer because

1) It results in *HUGE* downloads for the end user - you can't just ship
   600Mb on a CD-ROM.

2) You have to be able to compile and test on a wide variety of Linux distro's.

Hmmm - SDL is an LGPL package.  How do Loki keep legal if they are shipping
statically linked commercial code?

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net