Re: GFX under Linux

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Mark D'voo wrote:

>really? only obsolete games.  What about return to castle wolfenstein? it
>only took a week to get linux multi palyer binaries, not too bad

As Steve already said in a reply the id games are the only exceptions. But
RTCW is as far as I know not sold as a Linux game, so all sold copies are
anyway for Windows, with the Linux binaries downloaded separately. So id
has no chance to know how many of those downloads are going to be used
with a *sold* game versus a *pirated* game. I think commercial Linux games
must be sold as Linux games in order to gain wider acceptance, not as
Windows games with some downloadable Linux binary.

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods