Re: Space sim in the works

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:57:46 +0200 (EET), Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi> escreveu:

> De: Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi>
> Data: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:57:46 +0200 (EET)
> Para: linuxgames@sunsite.dk
> Assunto: Re: Space sim in the works
>

> I must say that the screenshots look excellent indeed. Very clean and
> sharp visuals, I wonder what amounts of Grunt(tm) is needed to push them
> into motion? 3D acceleration under Linux is unfortunately still a big
> mess...

Thank you for your interest :).

 About the Grunt(tm), the demo runs well on cards above (and including) GeForce2's (or equivalents). It actually runs pretty well on a RivaTNT2 but it's far from ideal - at least here at home :) - I get 30-40 FPS on static scenes, but it can drop to 5-7 FPS when the particle system kicks in with over 800 particles per missile trail, or when visualizing lots of objects - using a TNT2.

> Anyway, good luck with your game, you're off to an excellent start!

Thanks! It's great to hear some feedback (especially when it's positive :)))).

[]s,
Miguel A. Osorio.

Lead Programmer,
SomniumStudio.