Re: Suggestions for tutorials.

On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 10:31:36PM +0000, root wrote:

>       I really would like to do some simple graphics using glide.
> Could some possibly point me to some good tutorials.   At this point all
> I really want to be able to do is open a window and make a ball move
> around.
> If I could get to that point I would be very happy.

Can I give you just one little tip?

Don't do E-mail and other mundanity as root. It's not very safe. :)

Most of us around here use OpenGL, and although Glide was recently open-sourced, OpenGL is available for a far wider variety of 3D hardware/software environments. IMNSHO you would do well to start with OpenGL.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy