Re: Changing cursor appearance with Xlib

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 10:17:53PM +1000, Outlaw Jim wrote:

> Is there a way to change the cursor  in Xlib? I'm trying to get an image to
> follow the mouse but the best solution I've found so far is to blit the image
> -10, -10 of the cursor's x,y. This to me is dodgy and a lot more work...

> Is there another way? Please enlighten me :)

You can change the cursor but in X the mouse cursor image only has
two colours plus transparent.

Have a look at XCreatePixmapCursor() and XDefineCursor().

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better