Re: Changing cursor appearance with Xlib

>Is there a way to change the cursor  in Xlib? I'm trying to get an image to
>follow the mouse but the best solution I've found so far is to blit the image
>-10, -10 of the cursor's x,y. This to me is dodgy and a lot more work...
>
>Is there another way? Please enlighten me :)

Yes there is.

XCreatePixmapCursor will make a cursor from an image - it includes the ability
to specify the hot-spot within the image, which would be 10,10 in this case.

XDefineCursor sets the cursor for a window.

It is, however limited to two colours plus transparency.