Re: What to do.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Steve Baker wrote:

>Other games will require the terrain to be split up into convex
>sub-regions for collision detection, yet others (like FlightGear)
>need terrain modelled in lat/long coordinates.  Some others might
>require a BSP tree - or a set of Portal definitions - or Anti-portals.

A solution would be to have the modeller load export filters dynamically
and make it real easy to create them. I made a brutally simple height-map
editor just to test out some OpenGL stuff, and made it easy to create
export-filters. I have filters for simple triangles, normalized triangles
and so on, and sooner or later I learn enough about textures in order to
also export some kind of texture coordinates.

Or something.... :-)

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream