Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

Jasmin Patry wrote:

> Version 0.10 of Tux Racer, an OpenGL-based racing game featuring Tux the
> Linux Penguin, has been released. This is the first public release of
> Tux Racer, and I'm looking for feedback and help from developers and
> course designers.

What specific help do you need?

> Version 0.10 is incomplete, but still playable.  Tux can turn, brake,
> and jump; collision detection with trees works; and the physical model
> is fairly well tuned.  Four courses are included, but these need work.
>
> You can download it from http://tuxracer.sourceforge.net/ .  Thanks!

WOW!!! COOL!!!  (Actually *very* cold!)

One thing though - Penguins slide downhill on their stomachs -
head-first.  (That's what Tux does when sliding in my game)

I'm downloading the game now - and I'll definitely offer some
feedback.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker