Re: First release of Blocks: a 3D Tetris LookALike based on Crystal Space

Jeff Read wrote:

> And how many are officially licensed and bonded by The Tetris Company,
> the DVD-CCA of falling-block games? Seriously, folks, we don't want a
> situation where cutthroat pirates can make illegal Tetris-clone knockoffs
> do we?
>
> (Visit http://www.tetris.com and click on their legal department link.
> Yes, they're serious. They've started sending cease-and-desist notices
> to authors of share- and freeware Tetris clones... even the ones that
> don't have "tris" in the name.)

Oh, we had a few letters from them, which we showed to our lawyer and
all had a good laugh out of them. :-)

BTW, if you receive such a letter and you are not in the US, you might
want to use it as toilet paper. Legal letters have to come from lawyers
in the same country. We simply did not reply to their letters nearly a
year ago, and are having a lot of fun with Quadra, getting CNET doing
articles on us and so on.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Systems Exorcist