Re: Context switching woes

On Sunday 18 February 2001 16:28, Mark Collins wrote:
> instructions (I've even got permission from MS to disassemble their
> routines and do a port to Linux, how funky is that?)

Ack! *wildlook*
It's raining cows! look!

zbzf fzzfmghlm lmmll

> Before I do this, however, I was wondering what the critical sections
> functions in pthreads are like? (MS also tells me that Win32 has true

Hmm, "programming with posix threads" says:
look at

sched_get_priority_max()
sched_get_priority_min()
pthread_attr_getinheritsched()
pthread_attr_setschedparam()
pthread_attr_setschedpolicy()

and the related functions. That's in chapter 5.5 "Realtime scheduling".
Hope that helps.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse