Re: [linuxgames] Game Developers Conference

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:

>> What really is the reason for charging silly amounts of money for an expo?
>> I've never understood that. A normal small fee, like a movie ticket, would
>> be just fine.
>>

>I could be wrong, but maybe to make sure only serious commercial game
>developers/researches can attend?  Imagine if everyone could get in. You
>  would have 10 year old children running around like they were at CES
>or E^3.

Well, you have a point there of course.

>That is why I can't attend. It is too much money to spend when I don't
>have more than a game development hobby that has been on hold due to
>school and such.  It is too bad, but there are always International Game
>Developer Association meetings. I am sure one is near your town...then
>again, I am in Chicago, IL and someone drove from another state to get
>to our meetings because his city's group is horrible.

Heh, nothing is even close to this whole country. :) But Finland isn't
really a big center for games development. Well, actually, you can't find
anything related to games development here, let alone Linux or Linux game
development.

--

                  - "What're quantum mechanics?"
        - "I don't know. People who repair quantums, I suppose."