Re: Kyra Sprite Engine and autotools

--- Gianfranco Berardi <gberardi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(...)

> I use those options, and libkyra builds using the
> specified libraries.
> Unfortunately, libengine ignores those libraries and
> uses the system
> installed ones (bringing along all of their
> dependencies), at least
> according to ldd.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to specify that both
> libkyra and libengine
> should use those SDL prefixes, and while I have some
> familiarity with
> autotools, I can't seem grok the configure/Makefile
> scripts enough,
> especially with libtool involved.  I keep digging
> through, and I keep
> discovering new clues, but I haven't yet hit an
> explanation for why
> libengine depends upon my system installed libraries
> as opposed to the
> libraries I specified.

Have you tried setting up a chroot for compilation?
You can trick the tools into using your SDL instead of
the system ones. Then you can use LD_PRELOAD or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to beat the system libraries with your
own versions in your runGame scripts. I know it is a
huge hack but if it works... one less problem :-)

Good luck,

Pablo

Be a better friend, newshound, and