Re: interrupt current thread for a moment...

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Michael Maher wrote:

>> > Uh, isn't that backwards?  RPM runs make, not the other way around...
>>
>> But a makefile _could_ be used to generate a new rpm when something is
>> updated.
>
>nope.. I disagree.  It's much easier for me to take an enlightenment CVS
>snapshop and just do:
>
>	rpm -ta blah.tar.gz

People fear rpm :0

>when the spec file is in the top level directory. :-)
>
>Actually something that generates spec files and builds rpms is something
>I've been kicking around for a while.
>
>-mike

Thats exactly what I ment :)

Its just that its not being done a lot of the high level projects are not
including spec files. I didn't really explain myself well, I sometimes
think faster than I type and the full thought comes out garbled I think
its due to round of error in my brain.

-  Bryan Patrick Coleman  -  Triad Linux Users Group  -  bpcolema@uncg.edu  -
     -  http://www.wayward.net/tlug/index.html  -  tlug-mail@uncg.edu  -