Re: Tools

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> The main problem I felt with the PenguinPlay effort was the apparent
> lack of anything actually going on. It looked like so much vaporware.

Yep - I was one of the founding members of that group - and it was
just impossible to get people to move from the "talking about it"
phase into the "doing something" part.  After about 6 to 8 months,
I gave it up and started writing PLIB.  About a year later, PLIB
was essentially complete and PenguinPlay had done nothing except
change it's name from LinuxGSDK to PenguinPlay and paint a cool
logo for the web site.

It's hard to say what went wrong.  I've since learned that
projects need a kick-start with some working code to get
people thinking in concrete terms.

Nobody should feel bad about it - 80% of web-based projects fail
to produce a working product.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker