Re: Image Loading in Crystal Space (was Re: Tools)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:

>Just a small note but Crystal Space contains image loaders for: GIF, JPG,
>PNG, BMP, SGI, TGA, and WAL images. It is a very general C++ class
>library that can be used standalone (without needing the rest of CS).

Speaking of formats, does anybody have a link or other reference to some
info on how libpng should be used to load PNG:s? I've spent some time
reading part of the docs, but there is too much that potentially must be
done to load an image in order for me to understand it. I'm basically
looking for something that would give me a function such as:

	bool loadPNG (const string & Filename) { ... }

and then a pointer to raw RGB or RGBA data. The examples in the libpng
package are *huge*, and do a lot of things I don't have a clue as to what
they do... Maybe the code in Crystal Space is nicely packaged into a
single function/method or class? Does anyone know?

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream