Re: Tools

Pierre Phaneuf wrote:

> Ah yes. The profiler is your friend. Not enough people take the time to
> profile their code. Many of them could be surprised! I knew I was when
> we started doing profiling on Quadra! (what is this *network* code doing
> so high in the time chart???) ;-)

Yep - profiling is important - even if you do not intend to
use assembler.  Knowing where your code is spending most of
it's time is important for optimisation - but optimisation
does not imply reaching for the assembler manual - at least
not to start with!

--

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)