Re: use the tools

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Erik wrote:

>A couple other tools that I like are efence (helps find things like memory
>leaks and bad memory accesses), gprof (profiling to find where your programs
>are spending the most time and where to optimize), and memprof (gtk+ program
>that profiles and watches for memory leaks).

Does efence work with C++ nowadays, i.e. new/delete? Last time I used it
(about 4 years ago) it worked very well for C, but didn't do a thing when
I tried C++. It is a very good product, so it would be really nice if it
worked ok with C++. The version I have installed (2.1) does not mention
C++ at least in the man-page...

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream