Re: Content

On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 02:07:55AM +0000, Martin Donlon wrote:
> With the recent discussion on the lack of content I was wondering if there are
> any "content archives" around. Especially things like sound effects, sprites,
> music and bitmap fonts. I always find obtaining this kind of stuff can really
> stall development on small projects. Anyone know of anything? Or more to the
> point, anyone want to give me a decent font?:)

At the WorldForge project we have a large and growing library of content
available under the GNU Free Documentation License. Some of it is quite
specific to our technology, but much of it such as textures and
sounds is very generic. A number of other projects use it from
time to time, and we are always on the lookout for Free content to add
to our archive. The archive is currently stored on a cvs server at
cvs.worldforge.org in modules media, media-2d, media-3d, music and sound.
Anonymous access can be gained using anoncvs as username and password.
For more detailed instructions see the WorldForge FAQ at
http://www.worldforge.org/.

There was some discusion a few months ago about setting up a united
content archive for free games by merging our archive with the archive
from other projects, but I don't know what became of this.