Re: Is this list still alive?

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Gareth Noyce wrote:

>Quoting Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi>:

>> All participants in a game project should get
>> credits for their work, but I admit that
>> it seems like the coders are "ranked higher"
>> for some reason.
>
>Based on a lot of the 'Artist Sux' comments that
>appear on this list from time-to-time, I'd be
>inclined to say that programmers think they're a
>little smarter. But, that's /not/ my opinion,
>just a reaction!

When I look back to the xpaint-art I've managed to create for my previous
attempts to games I can't say more than that I'm grateful that I don't
have to do gfx for this project. The stuff looks horrible, and even *I*
have a hard time recognizing what the gfx should be, and I *did* the gfx.
:-)

I think many programmers are ego-tripped bastards, at least many of the
ones I see here at my university. A lot of people really do think they do
everything best. I've learnt the hard way that my field is code, I can't
do the other parts of a game (gfx, sound, website, etc).