From: Christian Reiniger <creinig@mayn.de>
To: <linuxgames@sunsite.dk>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 6:40 PM
Subject: Re: The future of C/C++

On Wednesday 17 January 2001 16:36, Achilles wrote:

C++ surely won't go away anytime soon, and Java is way overhyped.
It has 3 main "advantages":
(1) It comes standard with a bytecode interpreter
(2) It comes with a hugs standard library
(3) It has automatic garbage collection

Aside from that it's more or less a clone of C++ with the advanced
features removed:
* no operator overloading
* no teplates or seomthing similar. that means you can either have
generic code or typesafe code, but not both