Question about 3dfx (V2) and X 4.0.1

Hi there

Slightly off topic, I am afraid, but I didn't know where else to ask.

Could anyone point me to information about making my Voodoo 2 cards (SLI
3dfx) work with X 4.0.1 and Mesa 3.x?

I have just installed Mandrake 7.2, and is quite confused... (Do I have to
have DRI support for it to work? Is it enough for Mesa to support my 3dfx
hardware? Is Mesa or X so flexible, that it support for 3dfx comes "out of
the box"? Why does Mandrake install the 3dfx kernel level driver, but not
any Glide rpms? I used to run RedHat and had to compile everything
myself. I fear breaking stuff now, however.)

Thanks in advance.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
UNIX always presumes you know what you're doing. You're the human being,