Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really great?

On Friday 04 January 2002 02:39, Green, Aaron wrote:

> What would be really nice is a slashcode type setup for news.  I love a
> site that has new news everytime I visit.  Also, I know there are
> 10,000 forums out there but one here wouldn't hurt.  I mean, IkonBoard
> or phpBB is free, easy to setup, and would help with Linux dev
> problems.  Many ppl just don't like subscribing to mailing lists.  I

Um, you know that we already have this (except for the "new news..)? It's
not as nice as slashcode, but last time I checked it worked..

> also love categorized links to articles on the web.  Much like
> Gamedev's, but of course, this would be a little more targeted.  You

http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/resources/category20.html or
http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/articles/

:)

> can definitely put me down for a "reporter" though.  subnet_rx is my
> username.  I love reading and in fact, am on a Linux 3D programming
> book by Norman Lin right now.

Ok, done. The maintenance links (for news and resources) will appear
after you relogin. Please take your time to become familiar with the
forms before posting.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

"Software is like sex: the best is for free" -- Linus Torvalds