Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really crap?

On Friday 04 January 2002 02:01, Steve Baker wrote:

> > But I'm not sure if I want that, if all this really is worth the
> > effort for me. I mean, spending all that time on (for me) boring /
> > annoying work so that others have a great site (as I said I'm not a
> > game developer), only getting the occasional (1-2/year) "Hey, nice
> > site, dude" mail for it.
>
> So why *do* you bother?

I'm not sure.
Perhaps because I was one of the people who started this thing and
there's still some "emotional connection".
Perhaps because I enjoy hacking the backend code and need a site to put
it to use & test it :)
Perhaps because I'm way too softhearted and hate seeing useful things die.
Or perhaps I'm just too used to caring about lgdc...

> Well, right now, I don't know whether all those games were written
> by 100 people, 1,000 people or 10,000 people.

Last time I looked there were ~660 games in the database. So (with a
single person listed as author for each) this is the top number you'll
get out of such a DB search ...

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

"These are the people who proudly call themselves "hackers" --
not as the term is now abused by journalists to mean a computer
criminal, but in its true and original sense of an enthusiast,
an artist, a tinkerer, a problem solver, an expert."

- ESR