Re: Multiple Keypress/release problems.

I didn't read the entire thread, but this is what I know about
the subject.

To decrease the number of lines on the keyboard membrane there is
not a separate line for every key. Instead there is a matrix.
On ZX-Spectrum this is a strictly regular 4x10 (or 8x5, depending
on the point of view) matrix.
  Up to two keys pressed simultaneously can be detected correctly
always. If you press 3 keys placed in the following way:

column   1   2   3   4
line   -----------------
    1  | Q | W |   |   |
       -----------------
    2  | A | ? |   |   |
       -----------------

there is simply no way to determine the state of the S key,
since when you connect voltage to column 1 or 2 you
always get it on both lines 1 and 2.
This is called the matrix effect. (sounds cool, huh?)

The PC keyboard is slightly different. The matrix is not regular.
Ctrl,Shift and Alt keys have their own lines (so the keyboard
can detect Ctrl+Alt+Del:)

If you press a combination of keys which can't be correctly
determined, it will be ignored.

CAREFUL!! Different **PC** keyboads have DIFFERENT matrices!!
[Watch out, Chris!]
The possible combinations are therefore different.
If you are making a game make sure there is a key setup.

As you can see this isn't a matter of OP-sys, the BUS (USB,standard
serial keyboard), but of the keyboard membrane.

If you have any questions, you can reach me at
  jirik.svoboda@seznam.cz
(i don't read the mailing list regualrly)

And don't forget about ZX-Spectrum, the coolest microcomputer ever!

Poctenicko pro kazdy den: http://www.novinky.cz