Re: Where do I begin?

"Green, Aaron" wrote:

> Actually, I'm up for suggestions on that too.  It is a project to learn how to completely
> make a game.  I've heard the CS engine is better with FPS games, so I chose
>
> that.

Actually there is nothing in CS that says it is better for FPS games. It has
a terrain engine and sufficient features so that it can be used for simulation
and RPG games too. In fact several RPG games (like PlaneShift: www.planeshift.it)
are using CS.

Additionally as I already told you on the CS mailing list I recommend you look
at CEL too. This is a game entity layer sitting on top of Crystal Space. It
is already working but far from finished. The PlaneShift project uses it too.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

The chieftain had been turned into a pumpkin although, in accordance with
the rules of universal humour, he still had his hat on.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)