Re: Loki...

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

>But would you really set out to write something of that magnitude
>if you knew that it would be played for a month or two and then forgotten?
>
>So - I guess the answer is to look for a game idea with a longer life.

I personally think that games like FlightGear, FreeCiv are successful in
attracting developers as they are games that live longer. An arcade game
is fun for a few days, but strategy/simulations are fun for months.

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man