Re: Server-based FPS

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Steve Baker wrote:

> Some games (I believe Quake is one of them) use UDP for things like
> "the player moved six inches forwards" and TCP for "the door is now
> open".

Almost - Quake uses UDP only, but implements a reliable transport on top
of UDP for the events you mention.

My .signature is randomly chosen, btw.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
This is JohnC IMHO, I compaired tri-word groupings here and in his plan and

   - /. posting discussing the likelihood that an AC post that claimed to be
posted by John Carmack during his honeymoon (and having the login info at
home) was actually from him.