Re: MPEG encoder

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Gregor Mückl wrote:

> Am Monday 12 January 2004 19:14 schrieben Sie:
> > On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Francesco Orsenigo wrote:
> > > Is there any tool to create a mpeg movie from a set of frames (ie, bitmap
> > > images of the same size/dpp/format) or i have to write one using the MPEG
> > > library?
> >
> > Both transcode and mjpegtools should probably be able to do that.
> >
> > Mads
>
> mjpegtools are for mjpeg, which is *not* mpeg. Be careful with that. Maybe you
> mean the mpeg tools which are available from Berkley, which contain an mpeg
> encoder. This package is definitively worth a look if you want to do create
> or modify mpeg streams.

Huh?

I know it is in the name, but mjpegtools generate (what I thought was) mpg
streams for both VCD, SVCD and DVD's.

What gives?

Please consult http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/ and clarify this - I will
greatly appreciate that.

btw: I think ffmpeg can encode mpegs too - yup:
http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/ffmpeg-doc.html#SEC19

So, IMHO, that leaves transcode, ffmpeg and mjpegtools. Right?

Thanks,

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that,