Linux 3D

> Getting more games on the Linux platform is a great idea. But I don't think
> we can affort to forget about creating some support for 3D accelerators as
> well. We all know todays hottest games are 3D intense. So if we want to take
> this all the way, we should give the 3D part of the market some serious
> attention.

Most cheap 3D accelerators (i.e., 3Dfx) are already supported quite well
for Linux on the Intel platform via the Linux port of Glide.  See
http://glide.xxedgexx.com/ and the 3Dfx-HOWTO (you can find it on the
LDP).  You can even get Mesa for doing full screen 3Dfx work.

Ian

----- Ian Crawford - Email: icrawfor@uoguelph.ca ----------------
-------------------- URL: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~icrawfor/ -----