Re: fucking ansi c++...

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Ed Goodwin wrote:

>I just wrote a program to test this and gcc compiled it just fine...no
>complaints.  You sure you have the syntax right?  Other than the fact that
>I can't think of a reason you would want to do this I see nothing
>wrong...and neither does my compiler.

Hmm, maybe you need to use the switches '-Wall -pedantic -ansi'. I think
that a lot of crap slips through the compiler without warning without
those. I personally put pride into developing code that compiles without
any warnings (I use only '-Wall -pedantic') on my primary compiler. I
think warnings are just sloppy programming.

 Jan 'Chakie' Ekholm |    CS at Åbo Akademi University, Turku, Finland
    Linux Inside     | I'm the blue screen of death, no-one hears you scream