Re: fucking ansi c++...

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> >>      void *test_me;
> >>      void *test_you;
> >>
> >>      test_me= test_you;              --> failed: "Ansi C++ forbids..."
> >
> >what exactly is the error?
>
> tried it here with g++ -Wall -pedantic -ansi
> No error, no warning, nothing. (egcs 1.1.2)
>
> Are you sure your error isn't elsewhere?

I think he overgeneralized the problem he had. That "ANSI C++
forbids..." error he refers about looks a lot like the one about ANSI
C++ forbidding automatic conversions from void* to other pointer
types... For example:

int *test_me;
void *test_you;

test_me = test_you;

This will generate a similar error message.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/