Re: Savers & Winamp plugins

Thanks guys for the suggestions about XMS and XScreensaver !

XMS unfortunately doesn't have visualisation plugins yet,
which was exactly what I was looking for :(  However I've
got my hands on the source and have a vis plugin version
running already so this'll work out after all.

About the screensaver, did I understand correctly that a
developer's prime goal should be to write just an X11
program that blits to root, and then a daemon such as
XScreensaver, XLock, or who knows maybe a custom KDE/
Gnome thing again, will do everything else ?
That's kindof different from Win32, where all
functionality needs to be "implemented" by the program,
just by linking against some lib...  The Linux way looks
weird first, but is a blessing when you think about
it :)  As usual :)

BTW before anybody yells offtopic, hey, it's multimedia :)

Bert
--
-=<Short Controlled Bursts>=-