Re: libraries, packaging and other stuff

> > Why don't you use GGI? Then the users can use it on SvgaLib, X11, ...
> > (General Graphic Interface, i think)
> > We use it for our games.
>
> Because I know Svgalib (and now I know enough X11 to be dangerous). And
> since GGI isn't very popular yet, we would have to link it statically,
> which isn't very different than what I programmed here (and would
> probably induce the very same Svgalib linking problem that I am
> experiencing).

Well, that is just the very reason for using GGI.  You are going through
hoops to get X11 and svgalib to play nice with eachother.  LibGGI is built
to be crossplatform, including X11 and svgalib.  I whipped up a dumb GGI
program in 5 minutes, and on one compile worked in both X11 and svgalib.

If you're already statically linking two different libraries, what does it
matter which one you use?  At least you know GGI will work without any
strange side-effects.

-- Michael Nachbaur
   Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"