RE: Support for handicaped people

> In "Half-Life", if you are attacked, there are red warning blocks that
> show up in the direction that the damage is coming from (top, bottom,
> left, right).  Also, litle icons are displayed on the screen
> indicating
> what type of damage it is if its unconventional (fire,
> radioactive, etc.)

  I didn't think about this but you are right.  But it is still
  difficult to know if you are approaching an enemy.  Usually
  you can hear the commandos talking or the monsters making
  noises.  There are also the movies where people talk.

> I think a good way to approach games for the blind, are possibly the
> old-school games like "HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy",
> where you say "go
> north" or "pick up brick".  The text could be spoken, or something.  I
> don't really see much else, unless you have a lot of physical feedback
> too.

  Yes, that is what I was thinking about, we can also try to understand
  how they perceive the world so we can make accurate descriptions for
  them.  Does anyone know how are they getting information from computers ?